About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pinwheel Pop


Spring has finally sprung!!

And wow -- it definitely came in with a bang!  Several days of sunshine and almost 80 degrees really does one good.... and inspires a bright flair into my papercrafting.  With the windows open and the fresh air blowing in, I decided to update the vase I keep on the counter in front of my desk at work.

Instead of flowers, I make arrangements of paper pinwheels in festive themes from Valentine's Day to Christmas.  In the past, I would simply cut a 6-inch square and then cut diagonally from each corner to about 1/2-inch from the center.  I'd use my bone folder to curl each of the four "petals," roll the corners towards the center, and pin them all to in the center with a brad.  However, I recently picked up the Pinwheel Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers and several packs of Pinwheel Attachments.    So this time around, I amped up my pinwheel game and made these beautiful pinwheels that do more than look pretty -- they actually spin!

The fun paper I used is now retired.  It was called Dream Pop and was the National Scrapbooking Month exclusive paper packet from May 2014.  That's right -- May is National Scrapbooking Month... which means next month, CTMH will be releasing a new exclusive paper packet for NSM 2016.  I can't say much yet, but let me tell you it is beautiful and on-trend.  I got mine last week and oh my wow... I love it!!


Supplies used:
*Dream Pop paper packet
*Bone folder

*We R Memory Keepers Pinwheel Punch Board
*We R Memory Keepers Pinwheel Spinning Attachments

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, design with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!