About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pow! Double The Birthday Fun!


Last week, my nephew celebrated his 7th birthday, and over the weekend, we had the joy of getting together as a family for a birthday party honoring him and his little brother who turns 2 today.  I was able to pull a card from my stash for the 2 y.o., but made a card for the 7 y.o.

Before I show you the card, let me say I {LOVE} washi tape!  There is so much you can do with it!!  From accents to main elements (such as below), washi tape is a great way to add color and life to any project.  And for checking out my blog today, I'm going to share with you another teaser from the soon-to-be released Close to My Heart Seasonal Expressions Idea Book -- WASHI is BACK!!  CTMH is releasing new washi tapes on January 1st!  Here's a peek...


To make the card below, I used some old washi tape.  First, I cut the center rectangle.  Then I added the large yellow sound effects washi and used it as a guide for the red and blue washi.  Wanting the card to have a birthday feel, I skipped a strip of washi towards the top -- instead I stamped a strip of Happy Birthday sentiments using the CTMH Holiday Tags stamp set.  To really make the Happy Birthday "pop", I stamped it separately on a Hexagon cut in a different color and used some foam tape to make the piece stand out.  In hindsight, I wish I had placed the hexagon piece parallel to the rectangle instead of in line with the sentiment "strip", but hindsight's always 20/20, right? 


Supplies used:
*Artbooking Cricut collection
*Holiday Tags stamp set (retired)
*12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock
*White Daisy card base & envelope
*Pacifica Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Canary Exclusive Inks stamp pad


*Scotch Expressions washi tape - Pow!
*Scotch Expressions washi tape - Red
*Scotch Expressions washi tape - Blue
*Cuttlebug Spots & Dots embossing folder
*Yellow cardstock from my stash


To order any of our fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.


Until next time, remember to design it with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!