About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Zoe "Kill-a-Kit" process -- Day #4: Hello, You


As many of you know, I tend to pick a paper packet and work it until it's gone.  Typically, I will make the Workshop on the Go and/or Fundamentals layouts and as many more scrapbook layouts as I can until my scraps get too small or too few to make more layouts.  Once I finish the scrapbook layouts, I switch gears and make cards until I officially "kill" the paper packet.  I also try to use up as many of the coordinating embellishments as I can.  When I have completely exhausted all paper from the packet, I will... {GASP!}... throw away the final scraps -- usually there are very few leftovers.  At that time, I take any remaining embellishments (such as stickers, ephemera, etc.), cut them into individual pieces, and put them in a small basket of mixed embellishments if I can see myself using them in the future or into another small container to use for pocket letters or other giveaways.

This week on my blog, I will be featuring my "kill-a-kit" projects for the Zoe collection.  I have loved playing with Zoe, but feel the time has come to give her a rest and enjoy some of the other fabulous collections currently offered by Close to My Heart.  I hope you'll come back each day to see what I've come up with.

For today's cards, I pulled inspiration from my head and also from one of the Idea Books.  I absolutely love the brushstroke image in the Hello, Life! Pocket Scrapbooking stamp set.  I have been waiting for a stamp like this for what seems like forever.  It is so versatile and fun for adding a splash of color behind a greeting or creating a whole motif like I did below.  If you've not purchased the amazing Hello, Life! sets yet, don't wait any longer.  These sets are only available through September 30th and are too great to pass up!

The second card featured below is inspired sweet and simple designed originally shown in one of the CTMH Idea Books.  I love how the simplicity of the card allows the greeting to speak for itself.  You could easily change the diamond / square shape into basically anything you want.  I could see this card below as a new baby card.  In fact, I'm loving that idea so much that I may have to change the greeting on this one.  Does that ever happen to you?  You finish a card and think... "hmmm... I'd like it better as *this*," and then you tear the greeting off and redo it?




Supplies used:
*Hello, Life! Pocket Scrapbooking stamp set (only available through 9.30!)
*So Many Smiles stamp set
*Zoe Paper Packet
*12" x 12" Slate cardstock
*White Daisy card bases
*Slate Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Sweet Leaf Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Glacier Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Sorbet Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Canary Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*White Shimmer Trim
*Glacier Extra Thick Baker's Twine
*Bitty Sparkles

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog post featuring my final (and favorite) two cards created during my Zoe "Kill-a-Kit" process.

Until next time, remember to design it with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!